American Idol….For Real!

I first want to say that I am so happy that “Lee DeWyze is our newest American Idol Winner! I felt Lee was the most deserving and the most humble and he has a great voice so I voted as much as I could and I asked all my Myspace friends that are into idol to vote for him as well. I can’t wait for his first album!

Now with that said I want to say that I think American Idol has become one of the cheesiest reality shows on television. I didn’t particularly like Paula Abdul but she was an Idol fixture so you cannot begin to imagine the dismay I felt when the network brought in Kara Dioguardi under the guise of being an additional judge when it was all done with the design to replace Paula.


It does not surprise me that Simon is leaving now. The show ain’t what it used to be. The format quality is down, the judge’s comments are repetitive and the talent is lacking. The one thing that was a constant was Simon Cowells honesty and genuine desire to give constructive criticism. It might not have always sounded constructive but I believe that he cared about what he was doing and if you ever took a good look at the contestants when they were getting judge critiques they would listen to everyone else, thank them and smile in all the right places and then when it became Simon’s turn they looked at him expectantly and when it was positive their face looked like a ray of sunshine. Simon’s opinion was the one that really mattered. Simon cannot be replaced!!!!


Now I have been watching idol for 7 out of the 10 years. I quit on the show ½ way through the year “David Cook” won but other than that I have been a loyal watcher and I will probably be there when next season starts because I’m very loyal to my regular shows but unless something changes and makes this show better rather than worse I’m not so sure that I will hang in there too much longer. Let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top