American Idol this week…Highs & Lows!

This was an amazing week on Idol. Last year on Idol they had Sinatra week and since I do not listen to Sinatra music I figured this week will be boring so I will tape it. I did however watch it back the same night (unfortunately not early enough to vote)…who would I have voted for?…ok, you twisted my arm.Out of the remaining contestants Casey James, Lee Dewyze and Aaron Kelly have been favorites since auditions. I still like Casey but I’m over him and while I love Aaron’s voice I don’t think he’s ready yet (nevertheless I was sad to see him go) but I would have voted for him anyway and I would have without a doubt voted for Lee because he too has an amazing voice but also star potential. I could see me running out and buying his album the minute it becomes available. So ok, you’ve guessed I want Lee to win the title of American Idol. My son once pointed out to me that on the night that someone gets sent home they sing better than they did the night before and he’s right. I believe that if Aaron had sung the night before like he did on results night (because he was awesome) he would still be there!!!


Let me start with Harry Connick Jr, he like Adam Lambert a few weeks ago was an incredible mentor. The entire evening was so much fun. He was funny, charming, engaging, entertaining and he put all the contestants at ease. He went way beyond what he had to and I think it made all the difference. Everybody sang really well. Lee was the best of the evening. The biggest shocker for me this season was that Lee was so shy and introverted and it was really nice to see him relax and come alive on stage. I think he’s is finally starting to believe in his self and if he can remain outside the box I believe that he can win this. All that believe with me make sure you vote for Lee.


On a final note: results night for me is just that. Sometimes they have good entertainment, sometimes not. I wasn’t at all impressed by the talent this week but I was impressed with the quality of songs sang by the idol contestants especially the Harry Connick Jr medley.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top