So you think you can dance….what?

My favorite summer show so imagine how excited I was when they served it up twice last year. Everything about this show excites me but I must say that I am a little disappointed this year with the change of letting only 10 (11) dancers into the finals and using all-star members. I feel it does the competition a disservice because there were some really amazing dancers that didn’t make it into the finals because of this change and the limited competitors. Two that I especially liked and hope they will return next year are “Adrian Lee” and “Anthony Burrell”. From what I have heard from people who read the article with details of the why the change was made it all comes down to them trying to get more viewers to watch the show which is so unnecessary because word of mouth is how all the people in my family started watching the show. It was also stated that they felt the all-stars would be a draw for the new audience. My opinion is that if no one knows who the all-stars are they are less of a draw because they are not competing and if you know who they are you’re already a watcher of the show.

Two things I’m most excited about this season are “Kent Boyd” and “Jose Ruiz”! These are two guys I was really rooting for to make the finals. I will be supporting them throughout the competition along with Lauren Froderman and Adechike Torbert. All in all I’m looking forward to an awesome season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top