No. 1 judge on Television...Judge Alex!

The Jude Alex show premiered on September 12, 2005 (doesn't seem like it was that long ago but it has been almost 5 years)! Now I’ve been watching court shows for years starting with the original People's Court with Judge Wapner so when they announced the new judge in town I just wasn't that excited and might have even been determined in the back of my mind that I wasn't going to like him. Could this maybe be because men judges tend to be boring? Judge Wapner was a stern, no nonsense, and uneventful man and believe it or not the show actually seemed geared to the older generation. Don’t get me wrong I loved watching the show in spite of this. This was also the case with Judge Gerry Sheindlin; unlike Judge Judy (his wife) he had no funny bone. Judge Joe Brown lacks entertainment value because his ego is bigger than he is therefore he can only be taken in teeny tiny doses. Judge Mathis has a good show but one thing he has done for many years that I hate (and he has toned it down in the last season or two) is he belittles the people that come through his court. I understand he is there to entertain and there is a lot of court show competition but I feel there is a line you should not cross because at the end of the day you are 1) still a judge and 2) these people have real feelings. Also alot of his cases have all seemed to blend into one type of case and about 50% of them are boring and predictable. Don't get me wrong, I still watch the show, I just mute certain cases.


...in walks Judge Alex and after watching the first episode I didn’t watch again until the 2nd season when I found myself at home during the day and what do you do if you're at home during the day. You watch, soap operas, talk shows or court shows or a combination of all 3. Me, I watch court shows so I gave Judge Alex another shot. What I thought while watching Judge Alex the 1st time around was that he was boring and his cases were boring but when I started to watch again it was like watching a totally different show, the atmosphere had changed. The cases were intriguing. I realized more than anything that Judge Alex is a fair judge with a lot of integrity (and that’s important to me because it says a lot about who he is as a person), he doesn't make fun of the people in his court room, he's ALWAYS fair and always in control of his courtroom. I guess the first season he was getting used to the new gig and we were getting used to him. As time has gone by I also find Judge Alex to be a very handsome man, charming, funny, and exciting as well as still being the fairest judge on TV. He is a very likeable person and sometimes he comes back with lines that are just so incredibly funny but he’s laughing with the people not at them! Not smile or giggle funny but actually laugh out loud funny. No other judge on television can entertain so well on a daily basis and according to half the women that come through his court room they feel the same way.


So if you've never checked out the best judge on television you really should it will be worth your time! Judge Alex is a former police officer, trial attorney and Florida Circuit Court Judge. The show airs at 12:00 noon Mon-Fri on the east coast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top